Varicose veins are a common condition. These swollen, twisted veins are usually visible beneath the surface of the skin on your legs, but they can be found in other parts of the body as well. Varicose veins are caused by weak or damaged valves that allow the blood to back up and pool in the veins. They’re unsightly at best, and at worst, cause pain and major complications due to poor circulation in the affected limb.
At San Diego Varicose Vein Treatment Center, we’ve helped diagnose and treat varicose veins in hundreds of patients. Cardiologist Dr. Behzad Taghizadeh is highly specialized in varicose vein treatment. Using minimally invasive procedures, he can close down the diseased blood vessels and redirect the blood through healthier veins. These procedures help eliminate the pain and other symptoms resulting from varicose veins. Not sure if you need our services?
Take a look below at the following signs and symptoms of varicose veins:
- Twisted, bulging, rope-like veins – often found on the backs of the legs
- Large, dark blue or purplish veins
- Muscle cramping and swelling in your lower legs
- Burning or throbbing pains in your legs
- Leg pain that’s exacerbated by sitting or standing for long periods
- Ankle swelling
- An achiness or heaviness in the legs
- Fatigue or restlessness in leg muscles
- Red, dry, or itchy skin – caused by the build-up of waste products
- Discolored skin around the affected area
Not everyone with varicose veins experiences these symptoms, but even those who don’t may want to seek treatment to eliminate them before problems arise.
At San Diego Varicose Vein Treatment Center, we offer several options for the treatment of varicose veins – all safe, medically approved and proven effective. We use ultrasound technology, which allows us to diagnose and eliminate your varicose veins with precision. Our treatment options include:
- Endovenous thermal ablation – high-frequency radio waves heat and close off the varicose veins
- Sclerotherapy – an injectable solution scars and closes off the affected veins
- Phlebectomy – we remove the diseased veins through small incisions in the skin using a phlebectomy hook
These procedures are minimally invasive and require little-to-no downtime. Dr. Behzad Taghizadeh will diagnose your condition and help you determine which of these treatment options will be best for you.
Comprehensive care for varicose veins by an experienced cardiologist
If you have varicose veins and you’re ready to eliminate them, you’ve come to the right place. At San Diego Varicose Vein Treatment Center, not only do you have several different options for treatment, but you also get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’re in the hands of a highly skilled cardiologist. Dr. Behzad Taghizadeh is an accomplished and compassionate professional who knows what he’s doing and does it extremely well.
Give us a call to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Behzad Taghizadeh today.