Spring is here and warmer summer weather is on its way and you don’t want to be afraid to wear shorts or dresses that show off your skin. Get on track to feeling your best by making health and wellness your top priority and taking advantage of more outdoor activities.
Understanding the importance of your cardiovascular health can help you take care of some minor venous disorder symptoms and relieve pain naturally. After all, you know your body best. Luckily, there are many types of exercise and self-treatment options available along with permanent relief procedures.
Lifestyle changes don’t have to be difficult. Try some of these easy options:
- Go on frequent or daily walks. Walking is a great approach to improve your varicose and spider vein health and circulation naturally. It is also an easier, low-impact way to add habitual exercise to your daily fitness regimen.
- Make healthy food choices and stay hydrated. Choose water instead of sugary drinks when possible. Add more fruits, veggies, and colorful foods to your diet, and watch your sodium intake to help both your circulatory and overall health. Visit this blog for healthy recipes and to learn more about the best foods to eat for your heart and circulation.
- Stretch and fix your posture. Sitting for long periods of time, slouching, wearing heels, or constantly crossing your legs can hinder blood flow. Standing and stretching is a quick and easy way to help improve your circulation. Simple stretching exercises, such as yoga, can help improve blood flow and help relieve swelling or throbbing leg pain or other minor varicose or spider vein pains.
- Apply sunscreen when headed outdoors. Minor vein issues, such as spider veins, can develop from exposure to sunlight. So use sunscreen or other lotions with UV and SPF protection not only on your face but also on your neck, hands, and other uncovered skin to help prevent blemishes like spider veins from appearing.
- Reduce your stress. Add self-care and relaxation to your daily routine. Depending on personal preference you can listen to your favorite music, take a short nap, or anything else you enjoy.
Take action and choose the best treatments for you.
San Diego Varicose Vein Treatment Center wants to help relieve pain at the source with top-of-the-line care and vein removal services. Our personalized care and minimally invasive treatment options will help you get relief from varicose vein pain and regain the confidence to show off beautiful skin when the months get warmer. Look through our offered services of sclerotherapy, ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy, endovenous thermal ablation, and phlebectomy procedures to help banish varicose veins and spider veins for good! Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation today.