Don’t forget self-care and healthcare with the upcoming holidays. Hustle and bustle, vacation travel, festivities, and other seasonal events can be fun as long as you don’t let your health or wellness drop in priority. Choosing to get vein treatment before the holidays arrive can be a great choice. Below are some reasons why.
Most vein treatment procedures involve the absorption of the faulty vein back into your body, causing the diseased veins to fade gradually. As well, certain vein treatments can sometimes lead to some noticeable post-procedure minor swelling or bruising. Wearing long-sleeved clothing and pants can help safely hide these until they fade away. Undergoing vein treatments in the autumn or winter seasons can help you avoid overheating or other uncomfortable symptoms during the summer months. Choosing vein treatment at this time of the year will help to ensure smooth, healthy legs by the new year.
Planning on taking a trip for the holidays? Below are some quick travel tips for varicose veins to help keep you safe and comfortable.
- Lift up your feet, especially your heels. Elevating your legs can help reduce varicose vein pain and swelling by helping keep blood from pooling in your lower legs.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Save the heels for the festivities and help save your veins from further leg pain by choosing sneakers or another comfortable choice.
- Talk to a medical professional about wearing compression stockings. They have been shown to help some people reduce swelling, aches, and other vein pain.
Read “How to Minimize Leg Fatigue and Pain During Holiday Travel” for more detailed information.
Symptoms or pain can also be relieved with changes to your lifestyle. Some easy vein care tips to add to your daily routine for the upcoming holiday season are:
- Taking a break from extended time periods of sitting and standing. Whether you are having a holiday movie marathon, shopping for gifts, or spending time in the kitchen cooking or baking it is important to remember to take a moment to move around and stretch.
- Get at least a moderate amount of exercise every day. This can be an easy thirty-minute stroll, morning stretches, dancing around your home, or some other fun way to get your body moving.
- Eat not only a healthy and balanced diet but also eat in moderation. The holiday season can be a difficult time for some to maintain a healthy weight. But it does not have to be a strenuous task. Just try to keep hydrated, cut back on some holiday goodies, and set reasonable dietary goals for yourself.
This holiday season you can also choose to treat painful symptoms with a variety of minimally invasive vein treatment procedure options by Dr. Behzad Taghizadeh and his team of vein health specialists. The San Diego Varicose Vein Treatment Center has provided successful treatments to help eliminate faulty veins, aid healthier blood flow, reduce swelling, and provide relief from varicose vein pain. Our quality vein removal services of sclerotherapy, ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy, endovenous thermal ablation, and phlebectomy procedures can help get rid of pesky varicose veins and spider veins for good!
Learn more about vein health and varicose vein treatment options to help you feel and look your best for the holiday season or any time of the year. Contact our team for more information and schedule a consultation today.